Prime Challenge 2
Time & Location
About the Event
VIBGYOR brings in to you the most unique challenge one has ever offered. We have done this once before, in Mumbai, and we are bringing the same flavour in Kolkata this time. Join us on street on the Sunday morning, to click images, up, close and personal. Fix a focal length, and select your frame. Yes, this is a Prime Challenge 2, the fixed lens photography competition.
Name: Prime Challenge 2
Type: Fixed Lens Photography Competition
Date: Sunday, 2nd February 2020
Time: 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM
Reporting time: Latest by 6:15 AM
Meeting Point: Mullick Ghat Foot Over Bridge, Kolkata (https://goo.gl/maps/uq9NaF331iDzxZW76)
Seats: Limited to 20
Registration Fee: FREE (300 INR refundable registration amount to be paid)
Registration Website: www.infovibgyor.com
Organised by: VIBGYOR
Lens Partner: Tamron
Benefits for the Participants
● Experience of in-camera composition/framing.
● In hand use of Tamron lenses
● Appreciation prizes for the winners
● Experience of outdoor photo shooting with fixed focal length
Rules of the Challenge
● You can use your prime lens or you have to fix a focal length before the start of the event on your zoom lens
● We will paper tape your lens to your desired focal length, and you are not supposed to change it in due course of the session.
● You have to make sure that the camera settings are allowing taking the image with highest resolution.
● You can try out the prime lenses of Tamron, which will be of fixed focal length, again.
● At any point of time, you cannot zoom in or zoom out to take an image. The frame has to be set with your positioning and repositioning.
● The final image taken cannot be cropped before submission, not even for tilt correction. Raw files need to be submitted along with the JPEG. We will check the EXIF data and any such changes, if noticed, the same will be disqualified from the contest. Post processing for colour, white balance, and exposure shall be allowed.
Code of Conduct
● Prior registration is compulsory.
● The Prime Challenge 2 is FREE to participate, but with a initial registration amount which will be refunded (Check how to get the amount refunded).
● Advance or prior payment of this fee is compulsory.
● Registration can be done online at www.infovibgyor.com. Direct Registration Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A8IMdS-uajXzX0_dNGpFlfLM2voC4ZBA-lXYl5IP3mM/edit?usp=sharing
● Registration will be confirmed only with prior payment of 300 INR.
● There is no refund on cancellation
● Last date of registration is 30th January 2020, 23:59 hrs
● Participants must carry their own camera and lenses. Tamron lenses will be limited, and will be given on first come basis.
● The event is compact, so your cooperation is highly expected.
● Decision of the organizer/leader is final.
● After the event, you must mail images to VIBGYOR to participate in the photo contest. Best 3 photographer participant will be rewarded.
● Pay the refundable registration fees.
● Options of payment given below.
● After payment, fill the online form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A8IMdS-uajXzX0_dNGpFlfLM2voC4ZBA-lXYl5IP3mM/edit?usp=sharing
● You will receive a confirmation mail within 48 hours after submitting the form.
● Please note, no privilege of spot payment is applicable.
Refund of Amount
The prior payment of 300 INR will be refunded to the participant to acknowledge the receipt of the images for the competition, only if all the following acitivities are in place:
1. Participant reaches the meeting point at the start of the event latest by 6:15am on Sunday, 2nd February 2020
2. Participant ends the walk at the end point (will be notified at the start) sharp by 8:30am.
3. Images are submitted for the contest as per the guidelines.
Full 300 INR will be refunded, without any deduction. But if any one of the above criteria is not fulfilled, there will be not part refund as well.
Mode of Payment
- Google Pay to 9920773284
- Paytm to 9920773284
- Internet Banking to Axis Bank
Bank Account Details
Name: Indranil Mukherjee
Bank: Axis Bank
Branch: Parel, Mumbai
SB A/c No.: 910010036542294
IFSC Code: UTIB0001046
Branch Code: 001046
Things to Carry
· Camera and Accessories
· Drinking water (Optional)
· Medicines (If any)
Image Submission guidelines
● Images should not be tampered during post processing. Please restrict the post processing of the images to basic color and exposure management.
● No watermark.
● No border.
● Both JPEG and RAW files to be submitted.
● Rename the files as “NAME_MOBILE_Sl.No.” for both RAW and JPEG, so that the same image must have same file name (with diff extension .JPG and .NEF for example) to compare the images. For example, if Raj is sending two images, the first image will be named “Raj_9988776655_01” and the second image as “Raj_9988776655_02”.
● Ensure to mail the images to email@example.com on or before 16th February 2020.
● Images can be shared through wetransfer or google drive share too.
● Participants will retain the copyright of the images. However, VIBGYOR/Tamron may use the images for promotional activities with due credit to the author.
For any further enquiry please contact
Indranil Mukherjee (9920773284)
Saurav Kumar Lahiri (9836924476)
Sujay Sen Gupta (9830240247)
For registration, please visit www.infovibgyor.com