Purbasthali Photo Tour
Time & Location
About the Event
This is that time of the year when India welcomes the migrating birds. Purbasthali in West Bengal is one such place in India which hosts lots of such migrating birds, and hence, this place is one the mostly visited and favoured location for bird photographers. Join us for one such wonderful journey with VIBGYOR at Purbasthali Photo tour.
Name: Purbasthali Photo Tour
Dates: 23rd & 24th January 2021
Schedule: Detailed schedule as given below
Seats: only 6 (on first come basis)
Fees: 2000 INR per head (inclusive all from HWH to HWH, t&c apply)
· Meeting at Howrah Station (beneath the big clock tower) on 23rd January 2021 at 7 PM
· Boarding Howrah Katwa local (Train No. 37925, Dep 19:25)
· Arriving Bishnupriya (VSPR) at 9:30 PM
· Taking a local auto (toto) to guest house.
· Dinner (basic meal) will be arranged at guest house.
· Rooms allotted will be on sharing basis. Participants are suggested to take rest and reserve energy for Sunday photo shooting.
· On 24th January 2021, check out guest house at 5:00AM. Please do not keep any luggage behind. There will be no further return to the guest house.
· Board local auto (toto) to reach Chuppi. This takes maximum 40 minutes.
· Boatman will receive you at Chuppi and take you for the boat ride.
· Each boat will take 3 photographers to the maximum.
· Boat ride must start by 6:00 AM. Boating will continue maximum till 11:00 AM.
· By 11:00 AM, you will be brought back to the banks of the river.
· Get fresh and have lunch (basic meal).
· Board local auto (toto) to Purbasthali railway station.
· Board train from Purbasthali (Train No. 37924, Dep: 15:20)
· Reach Howrah station by 6:05 PM.
Participation Fees Include
· Local train tickets of said train details
· Local travel in auto (toto) as mentioned in schedule
· Room stay on sharing basis as mentioned
· Basic veg thali meal for dinner and lunch as mentioned in schedule
· Boat ride on 3-sharing basis from 6AM to 11AM.
Participation Fees does not include
1. Additional cost for train tickets if any other train is booked by participant
2. Local travel if planned in any other vehicle apart from toto
3. If single room is opted by participant
4. For any additional dish if ordered for dinner/lunch.
5. Breakfast is not mentioned in schedule, since the itenary demands early morning check out. Hence, participants are requested to carry some light snacks for quick bytes during the toto ride to Chuppi. Unfortunately, since photography is priority, the time constraint may not allow specified separate time for breakfast.
6. If boat ride is extended beyond 11 AM, the participants of that particular boat will be asked to pay an additional cost of 250 INR per extra hour. This calculation will not be on prorarta, but on actuals. Any extra time beyond 10 minutes will be considered as one full hour. The additional cost has to be paid to the team leader in cash on spot.
- Only registered participants will be allowed.
- Registration will be confirmed only after full payment, and as per availability of seats.
- There will be no refund on cancellation.
- Last date of registration is 17th January 2021
- Do carry light baggage for your own benefit.
- Security of belongings is self-responsibility of the participants. VIBGYOR will not be responsible for any loss of the belongings.
Strict Code of Conduct
· Do not wear bright clothes. This distracts birds. Preferably wear grey/sap green. Absolutely no red/pink/orange /fluorescent colours.
· Please do not litter, or let anyone litter during the boat ride. Please do show due respect to the nature.
· During the boat ride, please maintain proper balance. Do not get excited over a photo click, and be the reason for an unwanted mishap.
· Strictly no liquor consumption before or during the tour.
· Please do cooperate with the Team leader for the maximum benefit from the tour.
· Please do not feed the birds, its harmful to their health.
· Please do not bribe any boatman, this will lead to higher participation fees for photo tours hereafter in the same location.
· During the boat ride, make sure to keep your mobiles switched off or in silent mode.
· Please do not converse in loud voice, that distracts lot of attention of other photographers.
Suggestions to Participants
· Charge your camera battery from home. Do not rely on the guest house plug points.
· If possible, carry extra charged camera batteries.
· Carry absolutely empty memory cards.
· Carry only your telephoto lens with camera body.
· Keep your settings ready for bird photography.
· Do not opt for too much multi shots. That exhausts batteries faster.
· Be patient, and focussed.
· If you are confident with your post processing, shoot only in RAW to secure memory space.
- Google Pay to 9920773284
- Internet Banking
Bank Details for Internet Banking
Name: Indranil Mukherjee
Bank: Axis Bank Branch: Parel, Mumbai SB A/c No.: 910010036542294 IFSC Code: UTIB0001046 Branch Code: 001046