Your Decade in Photography
Time & Location
About the Event
As we step into 2020, a start of a new decade, we at VIBGYOR intend to go back and preview what all has been cooked up for the last decade in the field of photography. Across various genres of photography, the new things learned, the new experiment made. This online competition is open for all photographers across India, to participate and showcase the best they have fetched in the last 10 years.
The idea has been shared by Harsh Prakash, a young talented photographer from Mumbai.
Entry is free, rules are simple, but the prizes are lucrative.
· Submission is absolutely free.
· The gadget used for getting the photo will not be judged or taken into consideration while reviewing. One may click the photos in whatsoever gadget they preferred (DSLR, Mobile). Weightage will be given on the composition, moment capture, and technicalities of the image.
· Only photographers across India can participate.
· One participant can submit a maximum 10 images.
· Preferably, one participant must select one image shot in one calendar year, and likewise 10 images in the last 10 years. But in case the participant wants to go another way around, out of all the submission, a maximum of 2 images can be shot in the same year. Eg: If the participant has started doing photography only since 2019, he/she may submit a maximum 2 images. If he/she has started photography since 2010, he may either select 1 image from each year, or skip any one/more year, and share 2 images for the skipped years to make total 10 submissions. In any case, if we find the third image shot in the same year, that will be disqualified.
· Submitted photographs must be the original work of the participant. By entering the contest, the participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has the sole authority to enter the photograph and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property right.
· Digital Images should be in Jpg/jpeg only
· Files should be less than 1MB in size.
· Images can be from any genre/theme. There is no restriction. It can be color/monochrome.
· There should be no watermark or border in the photograph.
· The images must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, seditious, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified without notice.
· Files need to be renamed as Year_Name_Mob_Sl.No. Eg: 2018_Izak_9988776655_01, and so on. So, as per the guideline, Year in the file naming has to be within 2010 to 2019, and Sl.No. have to be either 01 or 02.
· Last date of Image Submission: 31st December 2019, 23:59 hours.
· Results will be live on 1st January 2020
· One grand prize worth 3,500 INR
· 5 special mention prizes worth 200 INR
Deepak Patel (9892986231)