Sun, 25 Sept|
Kolkata & Mumbai
To capture some moments of the ritual, we at VIBGYOR invite all photo enthusiasts of Kolkata & Mumbai to join the Photowalk TARPAN.
Time & Location
25-Sept-2022, 7:00 am – 10:00 am IST
Kolkata & Mumbai, India
About the Event
Pitru Paksha is observed by Hindus by remembering their ancestors. It is when the deceased visit the earth and bless their kin with prosperity. The kin offer food, money, and other gifts to their ‘Pitras’ as a sign of reverence. Shradh is also an important part of Pitra Paksha. Shradh denotes all the offerings that are made by the kin to their ancestors in these sixteen days. According to the scriptures, it is believed that those who have died come to earth in their subtle form and accept the offering of their kin.
As per Bengali beliefs, celebrations for Durga Puja begin with Mahalaya. It is the day when Goddess Durga descends on Earth. Another ritual that goes to mark the short life of humans on earth, called Tarpan, is also observed on this day. Tarpan comes from the word ‘Trup’ which means satisfying or pleasing others. Pitru Tarpan is a way of gratifying the ancestors and freeing them from any unfulfilled desires so that they can complete their journey to the heavenly abode with peace, satisfaction, and happiness. The objective of performing tarpan is that God, deceased ancestors’ souls, etc. whose names are pronounced while performing Tarpan, should bestow happiness on us. In the wee hours of the morning of Mahalaya, Bengalis visit the ghats of rivers or lakes to pray to the ancestors to bless their kin.
To capture some moments of this ritual, we at VIBGYOR invite all photo enthusiasts of Kolkata & Mumbai to join the Photowalk TARPAN, supported by Godox & Imaginext. Please read the details below:
Date: Sunday, 25thSeptember 2022
Time: 7 AM till 10 AM
Reporting Time: 6:50 AM
Registration Fee: 100 INR per participant
Supported by: Godox & Imaginext
Venue: To be mailed to the registered participants only
Coordinator: Bhaskar Nandi (98300 91583), Abhijit Sen (98300 80004)
Venue: To be mailed to the registered participants only
Coordinator: Deepak Patel (70214 84284), Arvind Ahir (80808 28290)
We have prizes for all the 2 cities:
· One Winner from each City will receive a CASH PRIZE and Momento
· Two Runner Up(s) from each city will receive Momento
· Discount codes from imaginextofficial for purchase from https://imaginext.co.in/ for all participants
T&C to avail Cash Discount
All the participants who will be following the below-mentioned guidelines will be receiving discount coupon codes, which they can use to avail flat 500 INR discount on any purchase from https://imaginext.co.in/. Please read the guidelines carefully.
1. Share the event creative across all social media platforms by tagging VIBGYOR, Godox, Imaginext & Nikita Distributors
2. Like & Follow the social media pages of VIBGYOR, Godox, Imaginext & Nikita Distributors
3. On the day of the event, make a social media post (Selfie/ Live video/group pic/reel/igtv/etc) with hashtags (#VIBGYORWFD22 #godoxindiaofficial #imaginextofficial).
4. On successful completion of the above activities, the participants will receive a unique discount voucher across the registered email ID on 10thOctober 2022.
5. The coupon is applicable only on purchases of gadgets across the website. It is not transferable.
· Prior registration is mandatory.
· Only registered participants will be allowed to join.
· There is no privilege of spot registration. Registration will be confirmed only after payment of the registration fee.
· Once registered, there will be no cancellation.
· You must reach the meeting point latest by 6:45 AM
· Consumption of alcohol/cigarette at the venue is strictly prohibited during the walk.
· Make sure you do not litter.
· Cooperate with other fellow participants
· Do not indulge in any argument or hassle with shopkeepers or passerby/pedestrians
· Cooperation with the organizers is required.
· After the walk, participants may share their best images clicked during this walk to participate in the contest.
· Image submission guidelines may be followed.
Image submission guidelines
· The files must be renamed as NAME_MOB_SL.NO
· One participant may send a maximum of 5 images to participate.
· Images should be in JPEG format only
· Image should not have any watermark or border
· File size may be restrained to 1MB to 5MB preferably
· Files to be mailed to email@example.com by 15th October 2022.
· Drive folder links are shared must be kept with the option for ANYONE CAN EDIT
Things to Carry
· Camera and accessories.
· Extra memory card
· A bottle of drinking water
Things NOT to Carry
· Any sharp object
· Heavy backpack
· Flammable objects
Important Suggestions for the Participants
· For a better shot, you may have to step inside the waterbody at some instance. So choose your apparel accordingly.
· The venue will be crowded, where people will be gathering to devote prayers. So, sanity and patience, both are highly required.
· Respect the people and their motive for the ritual. Avoid clicking compromising moments of a devotee that may be embarrassing at any point in time.
· Be very careful to step on the ghats, where the base may intend you to slip. Choose footwear wisely.
· Taking care of your belongings in such a crowd is mandatory. Try to carry light, and safe.
1. Pay the security deposit amount. Payment options are given below to choose from.
2. After successful payment, visit www.infovibgyor.com/initiatives and fill out the online form
3. We will check the payment and confirm the registration within 48 working hours
1. Google Pay to 9920773284
2. Internet Banking to Axis Bank Account mentioned below
Axis Bank Details
Name: Indranil Mukherjee
Bank: Axis Bank
Branch: Parel, Mumbai
SB A/c No.: 910010036542294
IFSC Code: UTIB0001046
Branch Code: 001046
Indranil Mukherjee (9920773284)